Problem Solving and Decision-Making – BM-PSDM
Problem Solving & Decision Making
Course Code: BM-PSDM
We make decisions and solve problems continually. We start making decisions before we even get out of bed (shall I get up now or not?). Sometimes, we will have made as many as 50 decisions by the time we leave for work. Despite all the natural decision making that goes on and the problem solving we do; some people are very uncomfortable with having to make decisions. You may know someone who has a hard time making decisions about what to eat, never mind the internal wrestling they go through in order to take on major decisions at work. This two-day workshop will teach participants how to: – Apply problem solving steps and tools – Analyze information to clearly describe problems – Identify appropriate solutions – Think creatively and be a contributing member of a problem-solving team – Select the best approach for making decisions – Create a plan for implementing, evaluating, and following up on decisions – Avoid common decision-making mistakes
This course is intended for anyone who struggles with decision-making whether its business related or personal. Having a process to work through can take the anxiety out of problem solving and make decisions easier. That’s what this two-day workshop is all about.
- Learning Objectives
- Exploring what Problem-Solving and Decision-Making Means
- Eight Essentials to Defining a Problem
- Learn about Different Types of Decisions, the Difference Between Facts and Information
- Common Decision-Making Traps
- Learning about a Three-Phase Model That They Can Apply to Most Problems.
- Seven Basic Problem-Solving Tools and Two Advanced Tools (the degrees of support and fishbone analysis)
- Participants Will Review Their Pre-Assignment.
- This Will Help Them Evaluate How They Currently Solve Problems
- Show Participants How to Use SWOT Analysis in Their Organization
- Learn About Some Things That Are Essential for Team Problem Solving
- The Second Phase of the Problem-Solving Model: Making a Decision
- Learn How to Complete the Third Phase of the Problem-Solving Model. Topics include Planning and Organizing a Solution, completing a Follow-up Analysis, Evaluating Results, Adapting with Change, and Celebrating Success