Did you know that something as simple as using various Microsoft products together can help your business grow and thrive? That’s what Microsoft 365 is all about! In this blog post we’ll talk about some of the awesome benefits of using Microsoft 365.
What is Microsoft 365?
Microsoft 365 is a subscription service that ensures you always have the most recent versions of Microsoft’s Office apps. You can install Microsoft 365 on all of your devices and sign in to five at the same time with Microsoft 365 Family, which means you can use Office no matter where you are or what device you’re using.
Why Should You Choose Microsoft 365?
Below are some of the wonderful benefits of using Microsoft 365.
- Cloud Sharing Management: For document management, many businesses already utilize Microsoft SharePoint or OneDrive, which liberates company data from file shares, enhances searchability, and provides tools for controlling versioning history and user access. These features alone aid in enhancing productivity and information exchange, but Microsoft 365 goes even farther. The enhanced user interface and connection of Microsoft 365’s cloud-based SharePoint Online make it simple to manage documents in cloud-based libraries and provide seamless document sharing. Additionally, because Microsoft 365 integrates Microsoft Teams with SharePoint Online, workers are better able to communicate while managing and creating documents. It’s simple to instant message a colleague using the built-in Teams tools when an employee has queries about, say, a document modification. The document can be located in a Teams channel news feed, where other team members can comment on any modifications or revisions.
- On-the-go Access on all Devices: Employees may more easily stay productive when traveling, working locally or working remotely thanks to Microsoft 365, which combines the strength of cloud computing with a full range of mobile apps. Microsoft 365 apps are free for tiny mobile devices and concentrate on individual applications (Word, Excel, Teams, etc.). To develop a genuinely mobile digital workplace, however, you might want to look beyond these commonplace apps, depending on the demands of your business. For instance, you can develop a PowerApps-based application that is usable on any mobile platform. Other programs, including Planner, SharePoint, and OneDrive, also have their own programs that work well with one another. Due to the strength of these apps, you can concentrate on carrying out your organization’s objective rather than worrying about how connected and effective your team is while on the go.
- Automation of Intelligent Processes: When it comes to managing and updating processes, many businesses struggle. Microsoft 365 and the Power Platform provide out-of-the-box online forms, workflow management, and data storage capabilities to help you quickly automate business processes. These solutions span departments and use Microsoft Teams and Dataverse to serve the entire enterprise. And Microsoft 365 integrates many external tools, such as the ability to pull actions from email as an integrated piece of workflow execution.
- Platforms for Effective Communication: Communication in large organizations encompasses a wide range of activities, many of which begin with a corporate intranet or a teamwork solution. An enterprise intranet allows you to deliver services and information, build your culture and brand through a website, and provide a central hub for employees who want to learn more about overall initiatives and explore resources, among other communication tasks. SharePoint Online is an excellent platform for creating a corporate intranet, and Microsoft 365 assists in making this communication tool more accessible without the technical burden of managing your own server and on-premises infrastructure. And, for general communication outside of the corporate intranet, Microsoft 365 integrated services, such as Teams, improve your ability to communicate effectively with colleagues in the digital workplace.
More Awesome Benefits of Microsoft 365
- Collaboration Both Internally and Externally: The communication and collaboration tools in Microsoft 365 enable your employee base to effectively collaborate with one another as well as with external partners. While email is useful for some tasks, such as recording information, sharing official documents, and creating an electronic record of an action, it is ineffective for other types of collaboration. For quick questions and document co-authoring, for example, instant messaging, Microsoft Teams workspaces, and SharePoint Online sites provide better ways to share information. Microsoft 365 enables organizations to have a multidimensional collaborative environment that places knowledge in an actionable context and breaks down geographical barriers to productivity by integrating these tools. All of this while adhering to the highest security and compliance standards, such as Rights Management with encryption (Azure Information Protection) and integrated Data Loss Prevention, content expiration, and other common methods of access restriction.
- Regular Updates: Traditional on-premises software necessitates regular upkeep, patches, and upgrades. Microsoft 365 provides an ever-evolving platform, or “evergreen,” with new capabilities released monthly, if not quarterly. With Microsoft 365, your IT team can focus on providing critical business services rather than upgrading your platform.
- Encourage and Facilitate Innovation: Every company in the world aspires to be a place that encourages and facilitates innovation. You can give your teams the tools they need to be more innovative by using Microsoft 365. Meetings are made more efficient with digital whiteboards and areas for taking notes and recording interactions. Information is easily shared and remembered. Employees, regardless of location, feel empowered, connected, and engaged.
Are you unsure where to begin with Microsoft 365? For a free consultation, contact a Microsoft 365 Expert from the Bytes Ahead Limited Team today.