Emotional Intelligence – BM-EI
Course Code: BM-EI
Emotional intelligence, also called EQ, is the ability to be aware of and to manage emotions and relationships. It’s a pivotal factor in personal and professional success. IQ will get you in the door, but it is your EQ, your ability to connect with others and manage the emotions of yourself and others, that will determine how successful you are in life. When we look at the truly extraordinary people who inspire and make a difference you will see that they do this by connecting with people at a personal and emotional level. What differentiated them was not their IQ but their EQ – their emotional intelligence. This one-day workshop will help participants learn how to: – Understand what emotional intelligence means – Recognize how our emotional health and physical health are related – Learn techniques to understand, use, and appreciate the role of emotional intelligence in the workplace – Understand the different emotions and how to manage them – Create a personal vision statement – Understand the difference between optimism and pessimism – Validate Emotions in others.
This course is intended to help people deal with their emotions This one-day workshop will help you develop your emotional intelligence.
– Learning Objectives
– Outlines Some of the Milestones and Important People who have Contributed to the World of Emotional Intelligence
– A Few Definitions of Emotional Intelligence
– Participants Create their Own Definition
– Covers Skills and Concepts Behind Identifying Emotions, Understanding and Managing Emotions, and Using and Communicating Emotions
– Outlines the Basics of Optimism and How it Differs from Pessimism
– Gives Participants Two Models to Validate Emotions in Others
– Explores the Seven Primary Human Emotions
– Participants Will Explore Their Own Emotions by Looking at their Principles, Values, Strengths, Talents, Potential Obstacles, and Relationships