In an age where people are constantly glued to their phones, it’s more important than ever to know your computer shortcuts. And with the release of Windows 11, there are a variety of new shortcuts to learn.
Don’t worry, we’re here to help. In this post, we’ll cover the coolest Windows 11 shortcuts you probably never knew existed. We’ll be covering everything from the basics to the more advanced techniques. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced user, there’s something for everyone, So sit back, relax, and get ready to take your computer skills to the next level.
Windows 11 Keyboard Shortcuts
Windows 11 has arrived, and with it a whole pack of keyboard shortcuts to help you make the most of your operating system. We’re going to run through a few of our favorites – but be warned, some of these are pretty powerful!
- Windows key + W opens Widgets, letting you quickly view your calendar, email, or other important information without having to open separate apps.
- Windows key + Z opens Snap layouts, which lets you quickly snap windows into specific positions on your screen.
- Windows key + Alt + Up arrow snaps the active window to the top half of the screen.
- Ctrl + E will open up the Search feature in most applications.
- Press Shift five times to enable or disable Sticky Keys – this feature lets you press one key at a time and have it register as if you had pressed them all at once.
- Pressing Num Lock for five seconds will enable or disable Toggle Keys – this feature beeps when you press the Num Lock, Caps Lock, or Scroll Lock keys so that you know they’re activated.
- Windows Key + M allows you to minimize all windows
- Shift + ctrl + N allows you to quickly open a new folder.
- Windows Key + R opens the run command dialog, where you can easily open some programs on your computer system. E.g Typing:
- WINWORD launches Microsoft Word.
- POWERPNT launches Microsoft PowerPoint
- EXCEL launches Microsoft Excel.
- Windows Key + H launches voice typing. This shortcut is updated in Windows 11.
- Windows + Print captures and saves a screenshot of the whole screen in the ‘Screen Captures’ folder.
Try out these shortcuts and see how much faster and easier your work becomes with Windows 11!
Windows 11 is amazing, and with these shortcuts, you can make it even more amazing! If you encounter any issues or have any questions, feel free to get in touch with us. You’re welcome.