On February 24 2021, Veeam Software rolled out another amazing solution. The new Veeam Backup and Replication v11 provides the most advanced data protection solution for Cloud, Virtual, Physical and Enterprise workloads. Also, with over 200 new features and enhancements, it provides a powerful comprehensive data management solution. This update is simple enough to protect each phase of the data life cycle, while handling all the complexities of a multi-cloud environment.
Veeam released V10 with more than 150 new enhancements just 12 months ago, and now has more than 700,000 downloads. Being able to launch the next version — Veeam Backup & Replication v11 — with an additional 200 new and powerful backup, cloud, DR, security and automation enhancements speaks volumes to Veeam’s speed of innovation, as well as our strong commitment to the needs and data reliability demands of our customers and partnersDanny Allan, CTO and Senior Vice President of Product Strategy at Veeam.
This new release helps to eliminate ransomware and data loss while providing a single platform for modern data protection.
Features of the Veeam v11
- Disaster Recovery with Veeam Continuous Data Protection (CDP): Veeam v11 provides the best recovery point objectives with its built-in CDP. With this, it is now easier to eliminate downtime and minimize data loss for Tier-1 VMware workloads. This means that you can now achieve immediate recoveries to a latest state or desired point.
- Amazon S3 Glacier and Microsoft Azure Archive Storage: With Veeam Scale-out Backup Repository Archive Tier, you can provide end-to-end backup life cycle management. This reduces the costs of long-term data archival and retention by up to 20 times. It also replaces manual tape management with new native support for Amazon S3 Glacier (including Glacier Deep Archive) and Microsoft Azure Archive Storage.
- Reliable Ransomware Protection: Keep backups safe, prevent encryption by ransomware, accidental or malicious deletions with immutable, hardened Linux repositories compliant with SEC 17a-4(f), FINRA 4511(c) and CFTC 1.31(c)-(d) regulations. These repositories are therefore based on general-purpose servers, without any hardware lock-in.
- Google Cloud Storage: New support for Google Cloud Storage for Veeam Scale-out Backup Repository Capacity Tier. This provides greater choice of hot cloud object storage targets.
- Expanded Instant Recovery: Achieve the lowest recovery time objectives (RTOs) with powerful instant recovery. This allows for Microsoft SQL, Oracle databases and NAS file shares from the pioneer of Instant VM Recovery®.
- NEW Veeam Agent for Mac: Veeam v11 delivers end-user data backup for any macOS device. It also joins existing Veeam Agents for Microsoft Windows, Linux, IBM AIX and Oracle Solaris.
- NEW Veeam Service Provider Console v5: The Console v5 offers service providers a web-based platform. This allows for centralized management, monitoring and customer self-service access of data protection operations.
Book a demo with us at Bytes Ahead Limited to get started.