Working Smarter: Using Technology to your Advantage – BM-TECH
Working Smarter: Using Technology to your Advantage
Course Code: BM-TECH
The key to creating a technology-friendly workplace is open-mindedness. Technology is evolving at an ever-rapid pace and it is necessary to be able to consider alternatives even if you’re not a person who can easily adapt to change. Technology is supposed to make life easier and simpler, but most managers find themselves cleaning up the messes caused by too many gadgets. This one-day workshop will show you how to leverage technology to work smarter, not harder. This one-day workshop will teach participants: – Make your workplace a technology-friendly place – Make the most of computers, telephones, instant messaging, e-mail, contact management applications, and scheduling software – Communicate better with the IT department – Make the best software and training choices – Set an IT budget – Set expectations and responsibilities for security and privacy – Keep employees safe and healthy – Develop and implement a system usage policy – Implement policies for dealing with company property – Decide whether employees should telecommute – Make telecommuting work – Deal with workplace rage – Address technological issues.
This course is intended for business professionals who’d like to make their workplace more technology friendly, make the most of computers, communicate better with the IT Department and much more this course is targeted at people who want to work smarter in the corporate environment.
– Learning Objectives
– Discussing Some Ways to Encourage Staff to Use Technology. Participants will also Try to Find Some Creative Solutions to a Case Study Problem
– Gives Participants Some Ways to Make the Most of the PC
– Gives Participants Some Tips on How to Communicate Effectively with Information Technology Staff
– Purchasing Software is Usually a Big Decision. We Will Discuss a Three-Step Process to Help you Make That Decision
– We Will Discuss a Few Basic Steps That Will Help Participants Create an IT Budget
– Participants Will work in Groups to Discuss Common Issues Surrounding Computer Privacy and Security at Work
– Repetitive Strain Injuries (RSI) Have Increased, and so Have Employers’ Expenses. This session Will Discuss and Demonstrate Some Easy Ways that Participants can Reduce their Risk of an RSI
– We Will Examine the Key Components of a System Usage Policy and We Will Look at a Sample Policy
– Discussing Some Basic Rules of Technological Etiquette
– Ways to Use Email Programs, Contact Management Programs, and Scheduling Software to Make the Most of your Time
– Discussing What Telecommuting is, How to Decide if Telecommuting is Right for a Particular Employee, and How to Prepare a Worker to Telecommute
– This Session Discusses the Cost of Workplace Rage, How to Manage it, and How to Prevent it
– Looking at Some Basic Ways that you can Address Issues
– To Wrap Up the Workshop, We’ll Look at Some Policies and Procedures that you May Want to Have in Place to Manage Technology Efficiently.